You Might Be Surprised at How Vital Self Care and At Home Changes Can Be for Successful Neuropathy Treatment.
With all the complexities of the typical neuropathy treatment plan, it is shocking how often a critical element of success is left off—and that’s self care.
Like many others, you might think of self care as indulgent or silly. Things like bubble baths or spa days might come to mind.
But when we talk about self care as a component of neuropathy treatment, what we mean is the very basic and vital aspects of taking control of your own health on a day to day basis.
The fact is, you’re not doing all you can do for your own neuropathy treatment success if you’re not scheduling time EVERY day for self care.
Some key aspects of self care for neuropathy treatment include:
- Appropriate exercise that meets your health goals
- Following a beneficial neuropathy diet that eliminates common neuropathy aggravators, such as caffeine and wheat
- Meditation, prayer, or another meaningful spiritual practice
- Relaxation, including guided visualization, yoga, massage, etc.
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) such as acupuncture
- Neurostimulation using home care tools recommended by your NeuropathyDR® clinician
Naturally, these types of self care neuropathy treatments are not a cure for your neuropathy symptoms. In fact, there is no known cure for neuropathy. But what these self care remedies do is to reduce your symptoms as much as possible and enhance your quality of life overall.
While there is a place for medication and surgery in some cases, there are so many less intrusive ways to treat neuropathy, including basic home care and self care neuropathy treatment.
Your most effective neuropathy treatment plan begins with a thorough assessment and diagnosis by a qualified neuropathy treatment specialist, followed by regular in-office treatments with the high-tech options appropriate for your specific medical condition, as well as daily self care.
The post Neuropathy Treatment 101: Scheduling Time for Self Care appeared first on #1 in Neuropathy & Chronic Pain Treatment.