There are many basic numbers that can affect your neuropathy treatment.
One of the most important things we get to do in the neuropathy treatment clinic is to teach patients about their most important numbers.
For example, if you suffer from diabetes or metabolic syndrome do you know what your blood sugar numbers are in the morning, and after meals? Are you rechecking them 3 to 4 times per day and recording these on excel sheet or graph paper?
Likewise, do you know your blood pressure, your height and weight, your BMI or body mass index?
These numbers along with critical laboratory values such as total Vitamin D and total Cholesterol levels are important to know, and monitor. These neuropathy treatment numbers also give you a benchmark.
For example, many times when treating neuropathy patients we find vitamin D levels are too low and cholesterol levels are too high. We start treatment programs to affect both of these. Unless you have your baseline numbers, you won’t know how effective your treatment is!
In neuropathy treatment there are some other things you need to keep an eye on. Your weight is an obvious one. This is something you should check the same time each week.
Another neuropathy treatment number to know is your blood pressure, taken first seated and then immediately upon standing. Your blood pressure normally should rise a little bit (10 points) upon standing. If not, it could indicate overmedication, dehydration, or possibly the development of autonomic neuropathy.
So what I would recommend you do is to keep a safe place for all these pieces of information. It’s easier now than ever with mobile devices.
Make sure you have the capability of sharing this information with your healthcare providers. Then, you’ll be able to work together on a more effective neuropathy treatment program.
Join our conversation today on Facebook by clicking HERE!
- Developing a Better Neuropathy Treatment Self-Care Plan If you’re reading this now, you understand that so much…
- The Importance of Having a Neuropathy Treatment System Having a neuropathy treatment system to follow provides for more…
- What is the most difficult part of Neuropathy Treatment? Perhaps the most difficult thing for neuropathy treatment patients is…
- What About Laser For My Neuropathy Treatment? So what does laser have to do with neuropathy treatment?…
- If this Neuropathy Treatment is so GOOD then Why doesn’t MY Doctor know about it? We now know that many patients who combine drug therapy…